This Cookies Policy relates to our website at www.enchanted-cottage.net content and services (collectively, the “Service”).
Cookies are widely used to allow online and mobile sites to function efficiently. A “cookie” is a small text file that (depending on your browser settings) is deposited on your computer, mobile phone, tablet or other smart device when you visit a site. The cookie may be sent back to that site when you visit again and may then be used by the server to identify and track your use of the site.
Cookies last for various durations. A “session cookie” is a temporary cookie that only remains in the cookie file of your browser until you leave a site. A “persistent” cookie is a long-term cookie that will be stored by your browser until its set expiry date (unless you delete it before the expiry date).
There are four widely recognized categories of cookie by function:
- Essential cookies. These are necessary for the operation of a site (or part of a site), e.g. enabling a user to log into secure areas of a site or to use a shopping cart.
- Functional cookies. These recognize you when you return to a site, allowing content to be personalized and preferences to be set.
- Analytical cookies. These monitor site performance and analyses site traffic, gathering anonymous data.
- Targeting cookies. These record your browsing history (such as visits to sites, pages visited and links followed) and use that information to make content and/or advertising displayed on a site more relevant to your interests. That process is often called “online behavioral advertising” (or “OBA” for short).
In this Cookies Policy, where the context allows, references to “cookies” include any tools that collect information from your device about your browsing activity.
In general, we use certain types of cookies:
- to identify you as you use the Service (essential and functional cookies);
- (where applicable) to help us authenticate you as a Member and/or Registered User and to give you access to your user profile (functional cookies);
- to customize and personalize your experience of the Service (functional cookies); and
- to compile anonymous statistics about the use of the Service (analytical cookies).
These cookies do not contain any information that, in itself, personally identifies you and do not provide us with access to the rest of your device. We may, however, associate the information contained in cookies with personal information that you have provided to us separately.
More particularly, here is a list of the main cookies that we use on the Service, and what each is used for.
|Cookie Type||Cookie Name||Description|
|Essential & Functional||“ktokenuser”||To help us identify you as a Member and/or Registered User in our shopping cart system and to give you access to your personal profile and shopping preferences. Without it, you cannot log into your online account with us.|
|Analytical||_ga||Google Analytics cookie. This cookie is used to distinguish unique users by assigning a randomly generated number as a client identifier. It is included in each page request in a site and used to calculate visitor, session and campaign data for the sites analytics reports.|
|Analytical||_gt||Google Analytics cookie. It is used to throttle the request rate – limiting the collection of data on high traffic sites. It expires after 10 minutes.|
|Analytical||_gid||Google Analytics cookie. It is used to throttle the request rate – limiting the collection of data on high traffic sites. It expires after 24 hours.|
You’re in Control – Rejecting or Deleting Cookies
Most internet browsers accept cookies automatically, but you can change the settings of your browser to erase cookies, or prevent automatic acceptance if you prefer.
These links below explain how you can control cookies via your browser. Remember that if you turn off cookies in your browser then these settings apply to all websites not just this one:
Google Analytics Cookies
Google may set cookies on your computer when you access this webiste. These cookies monitor how you move around this website, and how you reached it. You can opt out of these, if you want, by following the link below:
Social Media Cookies
Social media sites like Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus may set cookies on your computer when you access this website. You can opt out of these, if you want, by following one of the links below:
Changes to this Cookies Policy
We may at any time update or otherwise modify this Cookies Policy. We will notify you of any changes to our Cookies Policy by posting the modified Cookies Policy on the Service. By then continuing to use the Service, you will be bound by the modified Cookies Policy.
Last modified: September 4, 2018